MOD Reverb Tanks!

It’s no secret that the old vintage reverb tanks sound better than the latest production units. I for one find that the vintage models have a more “wet” sound and are warmer and smoother sounding. The latest production units sound thin and lack that vintage Lushness we have all come to love.

Enter the new MOD Reverb Tanks that are available right now from Antique electronic Supply. I was curious to find out how and why these modern tanks are better than other current production units. God knows there’s a need for something like this. I contacted Orin Portnoy who is the VP of Sales & Marketing over at CE Distribution and he took a few minutes to give me the skinny on these. Here is what Orin had to say:

“Some of the major differences are that the Transducers are wired directly to their respective RCA jacks as opposed to the current production tanks where Transducers are connected by a detachable plug to their respective RCA jacks. This make the tanks less receptive to any outside interference. The original Hammond Accutronics tanks from the 1960’s were also wired directly to their respective RCA jacks. In addition we have paid very close attention to the spacing and size of the laminations of the Tansducers resulting in a more vintage like tone”.

In the coming weeks I will try to get ahold of one of these MOD tanks and give it an A/B/C comparison to a curretn production tank and a vintage tank I have in my shop. The tone goes on forver and the part never ends….!

Click here to visit Antique Electronic Supply for more info and ordering.

Let Me Repair Your Guitars & Amps

The 300Guitars Shop

Billy Penn’s 300guitars Shop located at 1L Executive Drive in Toms River, NJ will bring your guitars and amplifiers back to life! Specializing in guitar & amplifier repairs and restorations in New Jersey.

  • Guitar Repairs
  • Guitar Restoration
  • Guitar Amplifier Repairs
  • Custom Tube Amp Building
  • Guitar Pickup Rewinding
  • Guitar Amplifier Modifications

Click here to find out more

How to find me

View Larger Map


300Guitars Shop
1L Executive Drive

Toms River, NJ 08755
Phone: 848-218-0362